Nicole Swimley (PR3)
|Effects||Pass through certain blocks.|
|First Appearance||Platform Racing 3 (2010)|
|Latest Appearance||Platform Racing 2 (2011)|
Platform Racing 3
An early sketch version of the Top Hat was first added in Platform Racing 3 shortly after the open beta release and frequently worn by Jiggmin, although it wouldn't receive its final design until several months later.
The Top Hat was one of four hats made available as a random prize in the Level of the Day in the game's final update on 2011-09-20.
Platform Racing 2
Announced on 2011-04-16, the Top Hat was the only hat introduced in Platform Racing 3 to be brought over to Platform Racing 2. It retains relatively the same design as its predecessor, although it overall has less of a tilt and the ribbon is slightly raised.
Players who hold the hat can walk through only vanish blocks and hold up while standing in a line of them to quickly shoot themselves upwards.
The Top Hat is the prize of "The Golden Compass" by -Shadowfax-, known as "The Guardian of the Top Hat" by Jiggmin, which was selected from a contest that lasted multiple months. Previously the hat was given out to users by hand from Jiggmin if he read their email or played their level during one of his livestreams. Prior to the contest, Jiggmin originally planned for accounts that were two years or older to automatically receive the hat, although this was scrapped once he discovered that the database storing join dates was broken.
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110626190502/http://jiggmin.com/entries/23557-A.....-a.....-top-hat#comments
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20130713110028/http://jiggmin.com:80/threads/63919-The-Guardian-of-the-Top-Hat
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20111114081206/http://jiggmin.com/entries/33864-Guardian-of-the-Top-Hat
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110626190506/http://jiggmin.com/entries/23599-How-to-win-a-top-hat
- ↑ http://original.livestream.com/jiggmin/video?clipId=pla_114089c7-ee69-4b72-a865-50ffe13596f2 revealed at 21:25.