Pre-release updates are sorted by the date they were published, while beta patches are listed by their build dates seen at the top right corner of each version. Exact details and changes are taken from archives.
PR2 and PR3
- The game will run off a server called Blossom.
- Question asking whether the chat should be small and permanently attached to the lobby or be in its own separate area.
- Started searching for music on Newgrounds.
Building a Better Color Picker
- Made a color picker that's a hybrid of a slider, a palette, and an eye dropper tool.
Workin' on a:
- New block editor is being worked on.
A Much Requested Feature
- Players now have the ability to set which items come out of each specific item block.
Typing Words with Letters
- Added a text tool to the level editor.
- Level editor is officially released!
- Campaign selection has started.
- Closed beta has begun; several people will be invited to test the game out so far.
- Fixed a lot of bugs, including one that wouldn't start players at start blocks.
- Fixed several performance issues.
- Addition of impervious blocks.
- Teleport blocks now have a cool-down period to prevent players from getting trapped.
- Open beta released, anyone can now play with a Sparkworkz account.
- Typing "/report" in any chatroom will report a log to the moderators.
- Players can now race a friend's ghost in the campaign.
- Setting the brush tool's size to 1 now makes it act like a pencil, allowing for more accurate and detailed designs.
- Lots of chat-based improvements:
-- "This room is brought to by:" message no longer shows up in the main chat.
-- Custom chatroom notes will actually show up.
-- Users can type "/kick (username)" to kick non-moderators out of their room.
-- Your previous room selection is remembered after you return to the lobby.
- Greatly improved performance issues.
- Finally have 50 campaign levels up, though some will be replaced.
- It is now possible to win the Winged Helmet by collecting all campaign medals.
- Body part names are now listed in the customize tab.
- "Level of the Day" added.
- Players are now given a 50% experience bonus upon winning prizes they already own.
- Several tweaks to how levels appear during hosting:
-- Each type is also given a unique symbol.
-- The level's rating occupies the space where its type was listed.
- Patched the "Invalid" error that occurs when saving a block/level after Sparkworkz has logged you out.
- Added hexadecimal to color picker.
- Retry button added to campaign levels.
- Fred the Giant Cactus added to the error message screen.
- Players are now automatically taken to the customize tab after ranking up.
- "<" and ">" naming issues with blocks has been fixed.
- A block stealing bug was patched.
- Scroll bar glitches were mostly fixed.
- Private messages and player lists now have a different color scheme.
- A glitch that allowed swords to also break blocks below the user was partially patched.
- Pedro the Snail was released as a prize found randomly in levels.
- Due to past issues, campaign levels are now frozen and can only be updated by contacting Jiggmin.
- Moderators can now set the Level of the Day.
- Prizes no longer show up at the beginning of a match.
- The "Level Complete!" screen now lists the level's name and its author at the top.
- Players can now have up to 8 users in a match at once.
- All blocks are loaded at once rather than individually, greatly improving load times.
- Players must now press "enter" to access the in-game chat, with the screen turning slightly darker when used.
- Extra line of blocks added in the custom block selection in the level editor.
- A glitch preventing the Evil Aliens from attacking has been patched.
- New Halloween set that players earn by logging in on Halloween.
- Prizes now appear at the start of matches again.
- An unfinished version of the Happy Hat was accidentally released along side the Halloween set, but was quickly removed.
- Playing on older builds is no longer possible; trying to login results in an error message.
- New Thanksgiving set that players automatically earn by logging in around Thanksgiving.
- New autumn themed main menu.
-- Both the new and original menus are now available as level backgrounds.
- Pedro the Snail's description in the customize tab has been altered to properly fit in the area.
- The screen now darkens slightly during "Loading..." and "Logging in..." messages.
- Gold medal time for "Newbs guide to Happy/Sad Blocks" has been raised.
- HTML can no longer be used in custom chatrooms.
- New winter themed main menu.
-- Winter background is also selectable in the level editor.
-- New lobby and level music titled "Holiday for Mr. Anderson".
- Santa Hat and Reindeer set are automatically given to any player who logs in.
- Arrows have been added to the hosting lobby, allowing players to view more than 4 levels.
- There is slightly more space between heads and hats now.
- New Penguin parts are randomly available in levels now.
- Snowflakes on the main menu no longer prevent users from clicking buttons.
- Players can wear 8 hats at once again.
- Body parts are no longer exclusive to certain game modes and can now be won in any level type.
- Fixed a glitch that caused players to spawn on unsafe blocks after they touched them while wearing the Santa Hat.
- Party Hat released and given to any player who logged in on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.
- Players can now customize change blocks by choosing which blocks they can change into and how often.
- Players can also customize move blocks by creating their own path and how often they move.
- The autumn background returns and with new menu music.
- Removal of "Holiday for Mr. Anderson" from the song list.
- Friends and ignore lists show more than 6 pages.
- Party Hat's dot colors were going to be changeable.
- Party Hat's dot colors are now changeable.
- Bouncy Hat was released as a prize found randomly in levels.
-- Bouncy Hat's placement was slightly shifted, and its color was made changeable.
- Playing the game on April Fools' Day now changes the player's hat to a fake Cowboy Hat that doesn't do anything.
- Happy Hat released as a random prize in levels.
-- Happy Hat's angle slightly adjusted and its feather color was made changeable.
- Shark Fin Hat was released as a prize found randomly in the "Level of the Day".
-- Shark Fin Hat's eye color is now changeable.
- The Bouncy, Happy and Pedro the Snail Hats can now only be found in the "Level of the Day" rather than of any level.
- Prizes no longer show up at the beginning of the level again.
Despite this build update not being public, server related changes were released, including making the listed hats obtainable in the "Level of the Day" along with the Party Hat.
- Parasol Hat's final design was added and players can now change one of part's colors.
- Top Hat's ribbon color is now changeable.
- Pirate Hat's feather color can be changed.
- Nurse Hat's cross color is now editable.
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110711172613/http://jiggmin.com/entries/181-pr2-and-pr3
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20090918031340/http://jiggmin.com/forum/blog.php?b=4871
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110208235725/http://jiggmin.com/blogs/1-Jiggmin?tag=jiggmin
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20120603075919/http://jiggmin.com/entries/8500-Building-a-better-color-picker
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20100102112120/http://jiggmin.com/forum/blog.php?u=1&page=3
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110208235905/http://jiggmin.com/blogs/1-Jiggmin?tag=spaceyavin+was+here%21
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110209000046/http://jiggmin.com/blogs/1-Jiggmin?tag=~imakoolfool-was-here~
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110713034527/http://jiggmin.com/blogs/1-Jiggmin?s=794515b2132101e0443fe4ecd6d93341&tag=first+tag
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110227214630/http://jiggmin.com/blogs/1-Jiggmin?s=07fec2292e0e841088f7149e77fc43a9&tag=i+rakka+da+pr3
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110227212945/http://jiggmin.com/blogs/1-Jiggmin?s=07fec2292e0e841088f7149e77fc43a9&tag=wish+you+were+here
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110227212933/http://jiggmin.com/blogs/1-Jiggmin?s=07fec2292e0e841088f7149e77fc43a9&tag=agentms11+was+heeere%21%21%21%21
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110714031708/http://jiggmin.com/blogs/1-Jiggmin/page11?s=988db0cdd6475a4b0cb4497baad024dc
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20101205191155/http://jiggmin.com/forum/blog.php?u=1&page=4
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110713075508/http://jiggmin.com/blogs/1-Jiggmin?s=794515b2132101e0443fe4ecd6d93341&tag=%21%21%21%21%21%21%21+go+jiggmin%21%21%21
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110227212940/http://jiggmin.com/blogs/1-Jiggmin?s=07fec2292e0e841088f7149e77fc43a9&tag=akekvake+wuz+here
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110227212923/http://jiggmin.com/blogs/1-Jiggmin?s=07fec2292e0e841088f7149e77fc43a9&tag=%21andrea%21+wuz+here
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20101205194530/http://jiggmin.com/forum/blog.php?b=16557
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20101205185459/http://jiggmin.com/forum/blog.php?b=16708
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110831204531/http://jiggmin.com/entries/17639-PR3-wishes-you-a-spooooky-Halloween
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20101205191845/http://jiggmin.com/forum/blog.php?b=18563
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110911130130/http://jiggmin.com/blogs/1-Jiggmin?s=46ceb1ee2c704dc555b1355462651eb7&blogcategoryid=124
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110713034608/http://jiggmin.com/blogs/1-Jiggmin?s=794515b2132101e0443fe4ecd6d93341&tag=ismax
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20111119224926/http://jiggmin.com/threads/48909-Newest-Version-Changes-amp-Fixes
- ↑ http://original.livestream.com/jiggmin/video?clipId=pla_4fa5baed-14b9-4edb-ac70-5a6cc2974dd1&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb
- ↑ http://original.livestream.com/jiggmin/video?clipId=pla_f4076b30-426e-447c-861c-cb22925d50fa&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110626235313/http://jiggmin.com/entries/24926