This article contains a list of hats in Platform Racing 2 ordered by release date.
|EXP Hat||Doubles experience points earned in matches.||Random prize in levels with 2-4 players.||2008-03-??|
|Kong Hat||Gives 25% more experience points.||Login to Platform Racing 2 on Kongregate.||2008-05-02|
|Propeller Hat||Hold the up key to fall slower.||Beat "Hat Factory" by Jiggmin or "Volcanic Inferno" by Pounce||2008-05-13|
|Cowboy Hat||Fly!||Fold 100,000 points in Folding at Home.||2008-06-14|
|Crown Hat||Immune to Swords, Mines and Laser Guns. Falls off in deathmatches after one use.||Fold 5,000 points in Folding at Home or become a moderator.|
|Santa Hat||Temporarily freezes every block the player stands on.||
|Party Hat||Grants immunity to Lightning.||
|Top Hat||Pass through vanish blocks.||Beat "The Golden Compass" by -Shadowfax-||2011-04-17|
|Jump Start Hat||Start before the countdown finishes and gives 1/3 of a Speed Burst when picked up.||Random prize in levels during a Happy Hour.||2012-01-30|
Awards Lux when completing levels in over 90 seconds. (2012-18)
Doubles guild points.
|Beat "Redemption" by cooldude90||2012-07-14|
|Thief Hat||Picking it up switches hats with a random player.||Beat "Apocalypse" by Divinity||2012-11-29|
|Jigg Hat||Bounce on another player's head.||Play "Buto (EXACT)" by ZePHiR, wait here until the clock reads 0:42, then the hat will fall into the pit. Grab it and complete the level.||2013-02-05|
|Artifact||Reverses controls, gives a Speed Burst, changes the timer to 30 seconds and plays "We are Loud". Finishing with it awards, at most, 50,000 experience points.||Found in a level selected by the staff that changes every so often. Can't be won.||2013-02-14|
- Before the Propeller Hat was created, Hat Factory's original prize was the EXP Hat, which was simply called "Hat" at the time.
- The EXP and Kong Hats initially had different designs. The EXP's was changed when PR2 was released on Kongregate, while Kong's was updated when the Crown and Cowboy Hats were added.
- The Crown and Cowboy Hats were made Folding at Home prizes in November 2008 due to heavy user requests.
- While the Santa Hat was made a random prize right after release, the Party Hat oddly wasn't until April.
- Jiggmin initially considered making the Aviator Cap from Platform Racing 3 the 9th hat.
- The Top Hat was originally given out by Jiggmin to those who had "an awesome level" or sent him an email that he read on his livestream. A contest was later announced on 2011-06-24 where it would be winnable in "the ultimate Platform Racing 2 level", with "The Golden Compass" being chosen on September 4th.
- Jiggmin also originally planned for multiple levels to give out the hat.
- Due to an error, the Moon Hat partially covers the close button on its pop-up screen. Jiggmin was informed of the issue, merely responding "it's just that cool".
- The Jump Start Hat was announced as an unnamed prize for everyone in June 2011 if Jiggmin's Folding at Home team could break into the top 100. Its name and ability were revealed 7 months later on 2012-01-19 once it reached rank 105, with it being given to everyone who logged in starting a week later. This ended on May 2nd when the aformentioned Happy Hours were introduced, however.
- The Jump Start Hat originally gave a full Speed Burst as seen in its announcement video. It also didn't give one at the start of levels, though this was altered during Motley Monday.
- Jiggmin originally planned for accounts two years or older to automatically receive the Top Hat, though the database tracking join dates being broken prevented this. Instead it was briefly given to those whose rank met certain, secret, strict requirements.
- The Santa Hat originally didn't freeze vanish, crumble, arrow, push and brick blocks, though this was altered when the Ice Wave was added.
- The Jigg Hat was a Motley Monday idea that Tommy 8 came up with on 2012-12-15. Jiggmin all but confirmed it would be added by asking for a course in its thread that combined all Platform Racing levels one day before its announcement.
- The exact level was initially a secret, with Fred the Giant Cactus creating a course titled "Tresure Map" that required a password pertaining to a typo in Newbieland 2 to play. This course gave multiple hints to the hat's location, being a copy of Buto, placing a "the answer to life, the universe and everything" hint between two pyramids, falling down which lead to the map's ID number.
- While never officially given out, it is possible to keep an Artifact, though it doesn't grant extra experience.
- ↑ http://www.kongregate.com/games/jiggmin/platform-racing-2/comments?pdis=qj5q-b&sort=oldest&srid=325726
- ↑ http://www.kongregate.com/games/jiggmin/platform-racing-2/comments?pdis=B75q-b&sort=oldest&srid=426514
- ↑ http://www.kongregate.com/games/jiggmin/platform-racing-2/comments?pdis=bqjQq-b&sort=oldest&srid=1326741
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20100102114159/http://jiggmin.com/forum/blog.php?b=9269
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrfN92HI38E
- ↑ https://youtu.be/B-e1NINsfk4?t=8m10s
- ↑ http://www.kongregate.com/games/jiggmin/platform-racing-2/comments?pdis=b005q-b&sort=oldest&srid=1352827
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110227214635/http://jiggmin.com/blogs/1-Jiggmin?s=07fec2292e0e841088f7149e77fc43a9&tag=snooping+as+usual+i+see
- ↑ http://original.livestream.com/jiggmin/video?clipId=pla_1c884093-098c-4d6e-af06-d3390ed09917 asked at 2:35.
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110626235309/http://jiggmin.com/entries/23599
- ↑ http://livestre.am/Q0GR
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20120827050757/http://jiggmin.com/threads/63919-The-Guardian-of-the-Top-Hat
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20120105165657/http://jiggmin.com/entries/33864
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20150311201056/http://jiggmin.com/threads/64083-Global-Domination-Breaking-the-top-100
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE4h_8zr0Sk
- ↑ http://jiggmin.com/threads/64083-Global-Domination-Breaking-the-top-100?p=1866952&viewfull=1#post1866952
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20120217161218/http://jiggmin.com/blogs/1-Jiggmin?s=81adcaf9c1bfd4a80532156231f47f9d
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20120605233700/http://jiggmin.com/entries/53971-Announcing-PR2-Happy-Hour
- ↑ https://youtu.be/nE4h_8zr0Sk?t=18s
- ↑ http://original.livestream.com/jiggmin/video?clipId=pla_114089c7-ee69-4b72-a865-50ffe13596f2 revealed at 21:25.
- ↑ https://youtu.be/DKFs1E8ia5A?t=48s
- ↑ https://twitter.com/TumTum460/status/298557362330021888