Type of Website
Platform Racing 2 's http server, which hosts its levels, music, ban log and guilds along with handling saving a player's progress, was originally located at jiggmin2.com. In addition to PR2, the website also hosted files for Jiggmin's other games, including PR1 and Musical Evenizer.
On 2010-12-15, it was announced that PR2 would immediately receive its own dedicated server at pr2hub.com. While the reason for the switch wasn't stated, it was likely to relieve stress on the website. Initially PR2hub only served as a host, with two unrelated YouTube videos on the homepage. On 2012-03-09, it was updated to instead feature the game, paving the way for more features later on.
On 2012-10-04, a system for players to restore their levels was added after heavy requests. To be used, players must be currently logged into their account with "Remember Me" checked due to the lack of an outside sign in system.
Because of limited storage and past revisions having already been erased, this only applied to courses that had been modified or deleted within the last week, though it was later expanded to a month.
Given its primary hosting purpose, people are freely able to send various requests to the website that the game pulls from (though some require to be signed in via "Remember Me") and view them in raw text form.
- http://pr2hub.com/levels/number.txt - A level's data searchable by ID number.
- http://pr2hub.com/get_player_info_2.php?name=Jiggmin - Profile data that contains a user ID not seen in-game.
- http://pr2hub.com/search_levels.php?mode=user&search_str=test&order=date&page=1 - Level search feature. Unlike in-game, users aren't limited to 9 pages of results.
- http://pr2hub.com/get_messages.php?start=0&count=9999 - Grabs the user's private messages.
- http://pr2hub.com/get_levels.php - Grabs the player's levels.
- http://pr2hub.com/submit_rating.php?level_id=number&rating=number - Allows the user to rate a level by its ID. Throws an error if a rating not 1-5 is submitted.
- http://pr2hub.com/files/artifact_hint.txt - The hint to the level currently housing the Artifact and the first person who found it.
- http://pr2hub.com/check_login.php - Checks the user's login status.
- http://pr2hub.com/files/server_status_2.txt - Server list used on the login screen.
- http://pr2hub.com/guilds_top.php - Guild list from the lobby.
- http://pr2hub.com/guild_info.php?name=name&getMembers=yes - Guild profile data.
- http://pr2hub.com/files/lists/campaign/number - Contains a list with a campaign. Using "best", "best_today" and "newest" provide their respective lists.
- http://pr2hub.com/add_friend.php?target_name=Jiggmin - Adds a user to their friend list (changing "add" to "remove" deletes them).
- http://pr2hub.com/ignore_user.php?target_name=Jiggmin - Adds a user to their ignored list (adding "un_" removes them).
- http://pr2hub.com/music/56/name.mp3 - Grabs an in-game song.
- As raw level data isn't restricted, players can view unpublished and password protected courses.
- Each level contains a "credits" parameter that's unused in-game. While blank for most levels, those published during the beta have a log of creation and update dates occupying it, with the final known level created before its removal being "Goal's" by Laibu on 2008-04-28.
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110713034527/http://jiggmin.com/blogs/1-Jiggmin?s=794515b2132101e0443fe4ecd6d93341&tag=first+tag
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110103032459/http://www.pr2hub.com
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20120605032415/http://jiggmin.com/threads/83702-Pr2-is-on-Pr2hub-com!
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20121218091522/http://jiggmin.com/threads/87147-The-PR2-Announcement-Thread
- ↑ https://youtu.be/5lS6CxS8VCo?t=38s