Type of Website
Prior to its launch, Platform Racing 2 's http server, which handles loading and saving data such as hosting the game's levels, music, and saving a player's progress, was located at jiggmin2.com. In addition to PR2, the website also hosted files for other games by Jiggmin, including Platform Racing and Musical Evenizer.
On 2010-12-15, it was announced that Platform Racing 2 would immediately be moving to its own dedicated server at pr2hub.com . While the reason for the switch wasn't stated, it was likely to relieve stress on jiggmin2.com. Initially, the website only served as a host with two unrelated YouTube videos on the homepage. On 2012-03-09, however, the main page was given a design taken from the ban log and the game itself was added, paving the way for more features later on.
On 2012-10-04, a system for players to restore their levels was added to PR2hub after heavy user requests. In order to be used, players must currently be logged into their account with "Remember Me" selected because of a lack of an outside sign in system.
Due to limited storage and past revisions having already been erased, this only applied to courses that had been modified or deleted within the last week (later expanded to a month).
Given its primary hosting purpose and how anyone is able to use a majority of them, people can freely send various requests that the game pulls from the website (some require to be signed in via "Remember Me", however) and view them in raw text form, including:
- http://pr2hub.com/levels/number.txt - A level's data searchable by its ID number.
- http://pr2hub.com/get_player_info_2.php?name=Jiggmin - Profile data that contains a user ID not seen in-game. An older version containing less information that was used until early 2013 can be found by removing the "_2" and adding "target_" before "name".
- http://pr2hub.com/search_levels.php?mode=user&search_str=test&order=date&page=1 - The level search feature. Unlike in-game, users aren't limited to nine pages of results.
- http://pr2hub.com/get_messages.php?start=0&count=9999 - Grabs the user's private messages.
- http://pr2hub.com/get_levels.php - Grabs the player's levels.
- http://pr2hub.com/submit_rating.php?level_id=number&rating=number - Allows the user to rate a level by its ID. Throws an error if a rating not 1-5 is submitted.
- http://pr2hub.com/files/artifact_hint.txt - The hint to the level currently housing the Artifact and the first person who found it. Can be seen in-game by typing "/hint" in the chat.
- http://pr2hub.com/check_login.php - Checks the user's login status.
- http://pr2hub.com/files/server_status_2.txt - Server list used at the login screen.
- http://pr2hub.com/guilds_top.php - Guild list seen on the lobby.
- http://pr2hub.com/files/lists/campaign/number - Contains a list of a campaign. Using "best", "best_today", and "newest" provide their own lists, respectively.
- http://pr2hub.com/add_friend.php?target_name=Jiggmin - Adds a user to their friend list (changing "add" to "remove" deletes them).
- http://pr2hub.com/ignore_user.php?target_name=Jiggmin - Adds a user to their ignored list (adding "un_" to the beginning removes them).
- http://pr2hub.com/music/56/name.mp3 - Grabs an in-game song.
- As anyone can check a level's raw data if they have its ID, this is the only method for players to view unpublished and password protected courses that aren't theirs.
- Each level contains a "credits" parameter that, while unused in-game, can be viewed in its raw data. This section is blank for most levels, though courses published during the game's beta release have a log of creation and subsequent update dates occupying the area. The section was abandoned, but oddly not removed, once Platform Racing 2 was released on Kongregate for unknown reasons, with the final known level created before its removal being "Goal's" by Laibu on 2008-04-28. Although its elimination prevents users from viewing a level's full update history, the "time" parameter allows them to know the exact second it was last published in the form of Unix time.
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110713034527/http://jiggmin.com/blogs/1-Jiggmin?s=794515b2132101e0443fe4ecd6d93341&tag=first+tag
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20120605032415/http://jiggmin.com/threads/83702-Pr2-is-on-Pr2hub-com!
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20121218091522/http://jiggmin.com/threads/87147-The-PR2-Announcement-Thread
- ↑ https://youtu.be/5lS6CxS8VCo?t=38s