Jiggmin's Village's index 2011-2015.
Type of Website
Jiggmin's Village (commonly abbreviated JV) was the official jiggmin.com forum that launched in May 2007 and shut down on 2015-07-27.
Initially a place for fans of Jiggmin's games to congregate, the community eventually expanded to attract non-fans as well and became a more in-general discussion board. Jiggmin's Village was succeeded by the Freegoose forums shortly after its abrupt closure.
When jiggmin.com began, the website lacked an account or commenting system, much less a dedicated forum. It wasn't until 2006-10-16 when Jiggmin announced that these features would soon be added, with an unused account system and placeholder forum page set up in advanced.
The forum later opened following the launch of Jiggmin's second website redesign in May 2007. Unlike subsequent versions, this layout was entirely designed by Jiggmin instead of using a custom skin of vBulletin and lacked standard forum features as well as being much simpler in design, notably profiles. The forum initially contained a single general section where users discussed Jiggmin's games, though three additional ones for programming, animation, and a moderator-exclusive one were created in October.
A complete redesign of the forum was released on 2008-07-03 using the default vBulletin 3.0 appearance. As it was run on different software, accounts and posts were unable to be transferred. Along with a more professional look, numerous features were added, including the ability to send private messages, post comments on profiles, and add friends. This update also officially named the forum Jiggmin's Village, which it kept until its closure.
On 2009-02-03, Jiggmin created a thread stating a third version of the website was currently in the works. Concept art showcasing the new design was uploaded the next day and an early version was released on 2009-02-14. While the forum continued to run off vBulletin 3 and retained the basic layout, it featured a much more personalized design and introduced multiple features, including blogs, groups, and a "Top 5" stats area at the bottom of the index. This is also the only version of the forum to feature Conquest.
Possibility in upgrading to vBulletin 4.0 was first thrown around on 2009-12-18 when Jiggmin stated he had a license for it. Albeit no further news was released until 2011-01-12 via a tweet, it's likely Jiggmin's Village was not originally planned to receive the update given the scrapped plans of transitioning jiggmin.com to pintogames.com one month earlier.
Jiggmin announced on 2011-01-20 that the website would go offline at midnight while accounts and posts were transferred to the new forum. The website officially re-opened seven hours later featuring a new layout for the first time in three years. While there were few changes functionally, several minor alterations were done, including the addition of a chatbox, increasing the amount of top stats to ten and moving latest posts to the right. Further adjustments and features were added over time, such as moving Bubbles! below the sub-header, giving each of Jiggmin's games their own section, moving top stats to the top of the index, an activity tab in profiles, and spoiler tags for posts among others.
In 2014, Jiggmin revealed intentions of recreating Jiggmin's Village in Meteor due to difficulties with vBulletin's software before confirming the project in a private Mod Hut thread on 2015-03-07, which was also his final post on the forum.
On 2015-07-27, jiggmin.com, including Jiggmin's Village, unexpectedly shut down. While Jiggmin set up a replacement website at Freegoose, though created with Ghost rather than Meteor, shortly over a month later on 2015-09-09 and explained the sudden switch, no announcement was made elsewhere, leaving former members to create and congregate to the fan-made Acid Forums.
Main article: Village Center
- Welcoming Gates
- Discussion Hall
- Library of the Ancients
- Ask a Mod
- Voters United
Main article: Springforth Garden
- Infectious Obsessions
- Melodious Meadow
- Artistry Orchard
- Turing Machines
Main article: Philanthropy Central
- Folding at Home
Castle in the Sky
Main article: Castle in the Sky
- Village Games
- Indie Games
- AAA Games
- Motley Monday
- Jiggmin Games
Main article: Legal District
- Admin Beach
- Mod Hut
- Ban Log
- Beta Tester's Club
- Village Council
- Hero's Peak
- Hero's Court
Main article: Firelight Tavern
- Ballot Box
- Long Table
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20060702205042/http://mrjiggmin.com/
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20070119035142/http://jiggmin.com/index.php
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20070108195214/http://mrjiggmin.com/forum.php
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20070514050029/http://jiggmin.com/forum.php
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20070506071158/http://jiggmin.com/profile.php?member=Jiggmin&PHPSESSID=f56bcda8260e9f554ab75228a6879289
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20070715013852/http://jiggmin.com/forum.php
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20071025081425/http://jiggmin.com/forum.php
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20080806053444/http://jiggmin.com/forum/index.php
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20090220003813/http://jiggmin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=97608c8f5ec12a7b663dc43f58041546&f=6
- ↑ http://s2.photobucket.com/user/MrJiggmin/media/jiggmin_v3.png.html?sort=3&o=68
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20090617060321/http://jiggmin.com/forum/index.php
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110227160148/http://jiggmin.com/blogs/1-Jiggmin?tag=yosup72845+wuz+here
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Mr_Jiggmin/status/25392488604766208
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110227214245/http://jiggmin.com/blogs/1-Jiggmin?s=07fec2292e0e841088f7149e77fc43a9&tag=xnickx86+wuz+here+%3Dp
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110209004150/http://jiggmin.com/blogs/1-Jiggmin
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110124064319/http://jiggmin.com/forum.php
- ↑ http://forums.acidch.at/showthread.php?tid=861&pid=28163#pid28163
- ↑ http://forums.acidch.at/showthread.php?tid=1862&pid=93804#pid93804
- ↑ http://freegoose.com/platform-racing-4-and-the-future/