Creation's jiggmin.com thumbnail.
Facebook, Kongregate, Newgrounds
Originally announced on 2011-06-18 as a replacement for his forum's vBulletin chatbox, Jiggmin eventually made Creation into its own game by October, creating another, simpler chat to serve its original purpose, and published it on other websites in early 2012.
Creation is a sandbox game where players can create their own world (room) using a variety of pre-made blocks, as well as modify someone else's.
Users can sign into the game with their Facebook, jiggmin.com, Kongregate, or Newgrounds account, as well as play as a guest. Each room features a chat and the creator has the power to build or kick others from their room, as well as give these abilities to others they trust.
During development of War of the Web, Jiggmin applied several updates to the game, including:
- Added support for Kongregate, Newgrounds, and Facebook accounts.
- Fire blocks now set players ablaze when touched, with water extinguishing them.
- The rock block now being placeable, which is created by mixing water and lava, and requires support to remain airborne.
Main article: List of Achievements
|Persuasive||Get creation powers in someone else's room.||5|
|Popular||Convince 10 players to join your room.||10|
Although the game's server had already been down for several months at that point, Jiggmin officially announced on 2015-09-09 that he would be dropping support for Creation along with most other multiplayer games besides Platform Racing 2. He stated: "Managing [the games] servers is another time drain. They'll need to be streamlined or removed. I plan to keep PR2 running at least until PR4 is out, though." The announcement also coincided with the launch of his new forum Freegoose.
There have been no fan projects to attempt and revive the game or set up private servers, leaving it unplayable.
- This was the first game Jiggmin published on Facebook.
- The player's avatar, Plank, came from Competitive Line Waiting.
- Jiggmin later revealed that he developed the game to test how possible multiple players editing levels at the same time would be, a feature planned for Platform Racing 4.
- The game was originally planned to be published on Armor Games, as indicated by both Jiggmin's announcement blog along with unused code in the loader that checks for an Armor Games login.
- While the game's been removed from Kongregate since its shutdown, its comment section is still public.
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20110826090808/http://jiggmin.com/entries/26795-Creation
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20111021205620/http://jiggmin.com/games/creation
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20130512144948/http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/590972
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20161227155805/http://freegoo.se/platform-racing-4-and-the-future/
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20141208152050/http://jiggmin.com/threads/82410-Platform-Racing-4
- ↑ Deleted blog from February 2012.